Find other VR rooms to enjoy games in Singapore
Virtual Reality Games are the talk of the town in Singapore. These interactive computer generated games take place within a simulated environment. Though this immersive gaming environment can be like the real world or it can be fantastical. To play the VR games you need a headset to look around the artificial world, move around in it, and interact with virtual features or items. The effect is commonly created by VR headsets consisting of a head-mounted display with a small screen in front of the eyes, but can also be created through specially designed rooms with multiple large screens. Other forms of VR include augmented reality and mixed reality systems.
So whether you are single player or play in groups among friends, VR games are really a fun. All you need is either a Playstation 4 kitted out with the PS VR suite, an Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive. Here are some of the best VR games to play in Singapore in 2019.
1. Beat Saber
Beat Saber is a VR rhythm game, where your goal is to slash the beats which fit perfectly into precisely handcrafted music. The game basically takes your fantasies of becoming a Jedi Knight and crosses it with the Para Para and Guitar Hero genres. You slip on the goggles, unsheathe two lightsabers and go to town on a series of hapless virtual boxes – all in time to the hippest beats of the year. This game is available on PS VR, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
Features of the game:
- Feel the Rhythm: Immerse yourself in the smoothest combination of music beats and visual effects in Beat Saber’s truly unique gameplay.
- Handcrafted Levels & Music: Unlike other rhythm games with generated content, music and levels in Beat Saber are drawn precisely by hand to enhance the music experience.
- Challenging Campaign: Get better every day while completing objectives and challenges in the Campaign.
- Easy to Learn, Fun to Master: Everyone can understand the basic game mechanics. It’s easy for anyone to pick up and play.
- Great Exercise: Exercise while dancing and slashing the beats, Beat Saber gets you moving.
Rec Room is a virtual reality online video game by game creation system and published by Against Gravity. It was released for Microsoft Windows in June 2016, and PlayStation 4 in November 2017. The game may be played without a virtual reality headset, but not all functions of the game are accessible in this mode. In virtual reality mode, the game uses full 3D motion via the motion capture system of a virtual reality headset and two hand-held motion controllers. Players can explore the space around them within the confines of their physical floor-space, while roaming further by using controller buttons to teleport a short distance, with minimal or no virtual reality sickness. Motion controllers are required to pick up and handle objects in the game world, including balls, weapons, construction tools, and other objects.
Rec Room consists of separate multiplayer games, including first-person shooters, cooperative action role-playing games, a charades-like game, and five sports game. Rec Room also provides in-game tools for user-generated maps and games. This game is available on PS VR, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift.
Features of the game
- Online multiplayer so you can have fun with people from all over the world
- Be yourself – customize your appearance in the changing room
- Rec Room is cross platform so you can play with friends on Rift, Vive, PlayStation VR, Windows VR, etc
- Hang out and play in the Rec Center, or The Park, or choose one of the fun activities: Paintball, Co-op quests – challenging adventures designed to be played with your friends!, Laser Tag, Rec Royale
- Dodgeball, Disc Golf, 3D Charades, and other fun casual minigames
- Browse thousands of player-created game and event rooms for you to discover, with new ones added daily
- Build rooms with your friends with easy and fun 3D creation tools
- Robust mute, ignore and moderation tools help you manage your experience
- A fantastic and growing community of players who will help you learn and have fun!
Superhot is an independent first-person shooter video game developed and published by Superhot Team. Though the game follows traditional first-person shooter gameplay mechanics, with the player attempting to take out enemy targets using guns and other weapons, time within the game progresses only when the player moves; this creates the opportunity for the player to assess their situation and respond appropriately, making the gameplay similar to strategy video games. The game is presented in a minimalist art style, with enemies in red and weapons in black, in contrast to the otherwise white and grey environment. The VR game is available on PS VR, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
Features of the game
- Superhot VR now also includes the massive Superhot forever update, bringing hours of new replayable challenges, achievements and hardcore endless levels to Superhot VR’s time-bending gameplay.
- Test your aim where only headshots take out enemies.
- Race against your best scores in bullet-time and real-time.
- Try to complete the game without shooting.
- Get hardcore with faster enemies and less reaction time.
In this game prepare to surrender thousands of hours of your life to rebuilding your Skyrim avatar in this full port of the hit Elder Scrolls installment. You’ll still be using D-pads and buttons for regular navigation, but combat and spellcasting are much more visceral now that motion control is in the picture. This game is available on PS VR, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift.
Features of the game
- The controls are well designed and intuitive for a virtual reality game.
- There are plenty of customisable settings, too, which allow you to modify the gameplay to your liking. We found options for “physical sneaking”, “realistic bow aiming”, “realistic shield grip” and “realistic swimming”, each of which add a pretty cool control method to the game and helps increase the level of immersion.
- When you can raise your shield to block rather than pressing a button on your keyboard, or pull a drawstring to fire your bow at an oncoming dragon, or duck down in the real-world to sneakily pick someone’s pocket, it makes for a truly awesome experience.
- Realistic swimming is pretty hilarious too – ducking your head below the water and waving your arms about until you start to move.
- There are a number of different mechanics for movement that include teleportation and locomotion. You can also choose whether those movements are smooth or instantaneous – so you can adjust to suit your gameplay style.
VR rooms in Singapore
If you don’t have a VR headset or the game software then head to the VR rooms in Singapore to enjoy these games.
V Room: V-Room offers the above mentioned games at pocket-friendly, per pax prices. It’s two-to-go for the smallest rooms. The same company’s eventually planning to offer set-up services at event or residential sites, so keep this in mind for your next house party. Contact V-Room, #02-02, Orchard Gateway, Singapore 238858. Tel: +65 6677 8478.
Virtual Room: In this venue instead of having to play along with crummy props and ageing escape room setups, you and your crew will be transported to zones and situations that no physical space can emulate. Definitely worth a visit if you’re all already into the scene. Contact Virtual Room, Lucky Chinatown, Basement 3, 211 New Bridge Road, Singapore 059432. Tel: +65 6966 8060.
Zero Latency: This is the largest of Singapore’s VR funlands, and delivers the most realistic experience of the lot by allowing you to actually run around without walling you in. They’ve also got hyper-realistic pump-action firearms that require some sustained strength to reload. Contact Zero Latency, Suntec City, #03-346, 3 Temasek Boulevard Singapore 038983. Tel: +65 6931 0331.