The people who get to play at the online and land based casinos in Singapore have plenty of different games to choose from. The casinos are full of the slot machines and table games such as blackjack and baccarat that everyone is used to seeing. While these games are still very popular, there is another game that is attracting the visitors to these casinos in Singapore. The game is called Singapore Stud Poker.
Singapore Stud Poker is a fairly new game that is very popular in Asia. It has grown as the number of online casinos has grown to service the residents of Singapore. It is also gaining popularity at the two land based casinos.
How to play Singapore Stud Poker?
As the game is exactly the same as Caribbean Stud with the Lucky Player, Lucky Dealer, and Magic Card variant that you see at Las Vegas casinos and local Singapore casinos.
- To play this game the Dealer announces “Place your bets, please”.
- Closing of bets shall take effect when the Dealer announces “No more bets”.
- The objective of the game for the Player is to obtain a poker hand which is of a higher rank than that of the Dealer’s.
- Players are only permitted to wager on one betting area.
- A Player must place an “Ante” wager to participate in the game of Singapore Stud Poker.
- A Player may also place a “Jackpot Wager” after placing an “Ante” wager by wagering one or more credits on either the Player’s hand, or the Dealer’s hand or on both. Jackpot Wagers are made by using the approved automated wagering system located below each betting area. At local casinos the wager can be between 1 to 5 credits on each the dealer or the player. You buy the credits in advance when you cash in.
- Starting from the Dealer’s left and continuing clockwise, the Dealer shall deal five cards face down to each betting area containing a wager and to the Dealer.
- The Dealer’s last card will then be turned to face upwards.
- Players will then view their cards and declare whether they want to fold or continue.
- If a Player chooses to fold, the “Ante” wager is lost.
- If a Player chooses to continue, the Player must place a “Bet”. The Bet is twice the Ante.
- The Dealer shall then turn all the remaining cards in the Dealer’s hand to face upwards and announce the poker hand value of the Dealer’s hand.
- If the Dealer does not have a poker hand value of an Ace and a King or higher, the Dealer shall announce “No hand” and:
All “Bet” wagers shall be returned; All “Ante” wagers of the Players who have not folded shall be paid; and For any Player who has placed a “Jackpot Wager” and declares a qualified jackpot hand, the Dealer will turn the Player’s cards to face upwards and proceed to pay the Player in accordance with the payout schedule.
- If the Dealer has a poker hand value of an Ace and a King or higher, the Dealer shall then compare the Dealer’s hand to each Player’s hand and Pay the “Ante” wagers and the “Bet” wagers for those Players with a higher poker value than the Dealer’s hand; Collect the “Ante” wagers and the “Bet” wagers for those Players with a lower poker value than the Dealer’s hand; and/or Pay the “Jackpot Wager” in accordance with the payout schedule.
The order of hands from the highest to the lowest is as follows as per usual poker hands
The “Ante” – Pays 1 to 1 when the Dealer does not have a poker hand value of an Ace and a King or higher and when the Dealer has a poker hand value of an Ace and a King or higher,
The “Bet”: Winning Hand Pays
- One Pair or Lower: 1 to 1
- Two Pairs: 2 to 1
- Three of a Kind: 3 to 1
- Straight: 4 to 1
- Flush: 5 to 1
- Full House: 7 to 1
- Four of a Kind: 20 to 1
- Straight Flush: 50 to 1
- Royal Flush: 250 to 1
A Player’s hand qualifies for the specified Jackpot payout when the Player obtains one of following hands:
- Royal Flush: 100% of the jackpot
- Straight Flush: 10% of the jackpot
- Four of a Kind: 500 to 1
- Full House: 100 to 1
- Flush: 50 to 1
- Magic Card: 5 to 1
- Lucky Player: 5 to 1
- Lucky Dealer: 5 to 1
All winning jackpot wagers paid for a straight flush or higher will be paid manually through the cage. Players qualify for the “Magic Card” payout if they have a “Player Jackpot wager” on that round of play and they receive the system-selected Magic Card in their hand for that round of play; or if the Magic Card appears in the Dealer’s hand, then all the players with a “Dealer Jackpot wager” will qualify for the “Magic Card” payout.
Players qualify for the “Lucky Player” payout if they have made a “Player Jackpot wager” and their betting area is selected by the system as the Lucky Player for that round of play. Players qualify for the “Lucky Dealer” payout if they have made a “Dealer Jackpot wager” and the Dealer at the table they are wagering on has been selected by the system as the Lucky Dealer for that round of play.
Strategies for Singapore Stud Poker
The strategies for Singapore Stud Poker are similar to the strategies needed for any other stud poker game. The most important thing is to understand the rules. If you do not know how to win, it makes it difficult to be successful. The second thing is to avoid any distractions while playing. It is important that you pay attention to the action at all times to avoid any mistakes.
When it comes to placing bet, intuition does play a large role. There are times when you will feel that it is a good idea to bet a little more and there will be times when the feeling tells you to bet less. If you are paying attention to the action, there will be some common sense behind these feelings.
The other important strategy for any type of stud poker is to stay consistent. Make sure that when you are betting, you are thinking clearly about the bets that you are placing. Remember that you will not win every hand, but one good hand can make your night.
Stud poker is a game that you have to play for a longer period of time if you want to be a winner. Make sure you give the game of Singapore Stud Poker the time that it deserves.Singapore Stud Poker,