Baccarat game

Baccarat is a card game played between the player and a banker with a standard deck of 52 cards. The objective of the game is to predict whether the player or banker will draw a hand of cards that sums closest to the number nine.

Baccarat in Singapore

Online casinos offer the people in Singapore with the opportunity to play some of the favorite casino games. It is easy for anyone to enter one of these casinos and start playing the slot machines.

There is not a lot of skill involved with these machines. If you can make the wheels spin, you will be able to play. The slot machines are only one type of game that can be found at the online casinos and the two land-based casinos in Singapore. Table games are another option.

Table games require a little more knowledge and skill. If you do not know how to play the game, you can quickly lose your money and you won’t even know how it happened. Baccarat is a table game that intrigues many people.

They may have seen it being played by James Bond in one of his movies, but they probably do not know much more than that. It is worth taking the time to learn the history, the rules and some basic strategies that are involved in the game of baccarat.

Game of Baccarat

History of Baccarat

Baccarat has been played since the 16th century. The game was played in France and was developed from the game Tarrochi. That game was popular during medieval times and was thought to use a tarot card to play. The game of baccarat, which comes from an Italian word that means zero, has changed over the years. In France, where it started, public gambling was illegal in the 19th century and the game was played in people’s homes.

The French also developed the Sabot. This was an iron box that could hold up to eight decks of cards and was passed among the players as the dealer rotated around the table. Eventually the baccarat games evolved into the game that is most common in casinos today. That game is called Punto Banco.

Rules of Baccarat

Each card in the deck has a point value. Numbered cards are worth their face point value form 2-9. Face cards and 10s are worth 0 and aces are worth 1 point. The two cards are added together to give a single digit point value. If the total of the cards is ov10 or 0ver, the right hand digit is the players total. A combination of a 5 and 8 has a point value of 3. They add up to 13 and the right hand digit is a 3.

Each player is dealt 2 cards. If the player has a total of 8 or 9 they hand is over. If neither the dealer nor the player an 8 or 9 they will draw a card. A player will draw a third card if their total is between 0-5. The player will stand on a 6 or 7. The banker rules for drawing are more complex.

  • Banker total 2 or less, bank draws a card, regardless of what the player’s third card is.
  • Banker total is 3, bank draws a third card unless the player’s third card was an 8.
  • Banker total is 4, bank draws a third card if the player’s third card was 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
  • Banker total is 5, bank draws a third card if the player’s third card was 4, 5, 6, or 7.
  • Banker total is 6, bank draws a third card if the player’s third card was a 6 or 7.
  • Banker total is 7, bank stands.

The payouts for the player are usually paid at even money odds. The pay rates for the bankers are generally paid at 95% with the other 5% going to the house. If there is a tie, the banker declares tie bets win and the bets are paid and remain in place for the next hand.

Strategy of Baccarat

The basic strategy for both Baccarat and High Limit Baccarat is all about making the right bets at the right times. Since the rules about when to draw a card are already set, a player does not have control like they do in blackjack.

The only thing the player can control is the amount they bet. If they think the cards are in their favor, they need to increase their bets. When the cards seem to be in the dealers favor it is better to decrease the best.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 4.3/5 (7 votes cast)
Baccarat, 4.3 out of 5 based on 7 ratings